This year we had a chance to see some of the new Oakley SI products before SHOT at the First Spear Range Day Here are all the products release for SHOT 2020.
This year Oakley SI has introduced the HNBL model, designed to provide ballistic protection without compromising comfort. One of the main features is the lens change mechanism that allows to quickly change from among clear and Prizm ballistic lenes. It is also possible to introduce an RX lens without the use of an inner frame to hold it. This really simplifies the use of those that want ballistic protection in addition to a prescription lens. Size and feel wise this model resembles the Shocktubes, a very popular item from Oakley SI but its “Achille’s heel” was the need for a tool to change the lenses.
Oakley SI Ballistic Line Miner
The Line Miner is the latest addition to the Snow Goggle line of Oakley SI. Featuring the Prizm Rose and Prizm Black lens technology; the frame of the goggle provides very wide field of view while the Prizm Rose and Prizm Black lenses give great contrast and depth perception in snowy environments. The lenses are dual vented with anti-fog coating and they meet the MIL-PRF 32432 impact standards.
New Oakley SI Elite Assault Boot
This is most likely the first piece of the redesign of the Oakley SI boot line.
The new Elite Assault boot features a enclosed lace system for tighter fit and reduced snag hazard. the boot appears to be lightweight and it aims at providing running-shoes like comfort and mobility without compromising ankle and weight support.
Lifestyle Limited Edition
Oakley is launching a limited edition commemorative model for the 75th anniversary of Iwo Jima.
Oakley introduced the Alpha Ecosystem with the knowledge of the extremely dynamic and challenging environments that the modern operators have to face in combat. This multi piece kit is designed to be quickly and easily reconfigured to each mission without any compromise in either performance or protection.
Oakley has been the leader in the eyewear market for ballistic protection, usability and clever designs that could enhance the performance amongst athletes and especially military forces.
SI Speed Jacket Story
SI Speed Jacket has been developed from a combination of Tombstone and Flak, combining core features from both models into a versatile, comfortable and performance-driven product. Designed from input by Law Enforcement and Competitive Shooters, core features include:
- Design – Switchlock Technology trigger – quick release trigger for rapid lens exchange
- Prizm lens technology – TR22, TR45, Maritime Pol, Shallow H2O, Deep H2O
- Thin ear-stem technology for over/under the ear communication systems and hat compatibility
- Flak design silhouette – enhanced field of view and anti-fog performance
Oakley Engineering brings the most versatile protective eyewear forward with SI Speed Jacket. Designed with direct input from Law Enforcement and Competitive Shooters, SI Speed Jacket combines all day fit and comfort with performance attributes in a modern silhouette. Using Switchlock™ technology, we integrated a single quick release trigger on the temples for rapid lens exchange. Fully compliant with ANSI Z87.1 impact standards, the lens also offers a wide field of view and is assorted with multiple lens variations to include Prizm™ lens technology. Unobtanium® nosepieces provide grip during hot and sweaty conditions, and thin ear-stem technology is designed for over the ear communication systems compatibility and hat integration. SI Speed Jacket delivers all day fit and comfort, and built for those moments of dynamic and competitive movement.
- Utilizes Oakley Switchlock™ trigger assisted lens change technology
- Mirrors a Flak Jacket™ design silhouette
- Half orbital design to aid in field of view and anti-fog performance
- Includes crush resistant case with additional lens storage
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter™ frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Thin stem technology enables compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems and headwear
- Features Oakley Switchlock™ trigger assisted, lens change system
- Impact and chemical resistant O Matter® frame material
- Frame suitable for medium to large head sizes
- All optional lenses are made of Plutonite®, Oakley’s high purity optical-grade polycarbonate
- All lenses feature Oakley High Definition Optics (HDO®) with Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Standard lens colors offered: Clear, Grey, Grey Polarized, Black Iridium, Black Iridium Polarized
- Offered with Prizm™ Lens Technology to include Prizm™ TR22, Prizm™ TR45, Prizm™ Maritime Polarized, Prizm™ Deep Water Polarized, and Prizm™ Shallow Water Polarized