Oakley SI | Speed Jacket
SI Speed Jacket Story
SI Speed Jacket has been developed from a combination of Tombstone and Flak, combining core features from both models into a versatile, comfortable and performance-driven product. Designed from input by Law Enforcement and Competitive Shooters, core features include:
- Design – Switchlock Technology trigger – quick release trigger for rapid lens exchange
- Prizm lens technology – TR22, TR45, Maritime Pol, Shallow H2O, Deep H2O
- Thin ear-stem technology for over/under the ear communication systems and hat compatibility
- Flak design silhouette – enhanced field of view and anti-fog performance
Oakley Engineering brings the most versatile protective eyewear forward with SI Speed Jacket. Designed with direct input from Law Enforcement and Competitive Shooters, SI Speed Jacket combines all day fit and comfort with performance attributes in a modern silhouette. Using Switchlock™ technology, we integrated a single quick release trigger on the temples for rapid lens exchange. Fully compliant with ANSI Z87.1 impact standards, the lens also offers a wide field of view and is assorted with multiple lens variations to include Prizm™ lens technology. Unobtanium® nosepieces provide grip during hot and sweaty conditions, and thin ear-stem technology is designed for over the ear communication systems compatibility and hat integration. SI Speed Jacket delivers all day fit and comfort, and built for those moments of dynamic and competitive movement.
- Utilizes Oakley Switchlock™ trigger assisted lens change technology
- Mirrors a Flak Jacket™ design silhouette
- Half orbital design to aid in field of view and anti-fog performance
- Includes crush resistant case with additional lens storage
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter™ frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Thin stem technology enables compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems and headwear
- Features Oakley Switchlock™ trigger assisted, lens change system
- Impact and chemical resistant O Matter® frame material
- Frame suitable for medium to large head sizes
- All optional lenses are made of Plutonite®, Oakley’s high purity optical-grade polycarbonate
- All lenses feature Oakley High Definition Optics (HDO®) with Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Standard lens colors offered: Clear, Grey, Grey Polarized, Black Iridium, Black Iridium Polarized
- Offered with Prizm™ Lens Technology to include Prizm™ TR22, Prizm™ TR45, Prizm™ Maritime Polarized, Prizm™ Deep Water Polarized, and Prizm™ Shallow Water Polarized
Hello from Greece,
I was wondering if all the prizm series lenses are rated as MIL-PRF3243 Ballistic resistant or just the m frame alphas? I can’t find any information not even in the Oakley site.
Thanks in advance,
as far as we know, between the M-Frame Alpha and the Speed Jackets, only the Alphas are rated and certified with the ANSI Z87.1 ballistic impact resistance.
We have both of them and we have checked the boxes as well as the frame of the glasses.
We believe that one of the biggest factors is the lower size and footprint of the Speed Jacket’s lenses, they don’t cover enough for being considered protective by shrapnel and fragments.
Nonetheless both are great optics and we highly recommend them for tactical and training use, just keep in mind how much you will be exposed to possible fragmentations.
Please note these glasses are not Z87 or ANSI stamped. I was led to beleive they where but I just purchase from SI and they are not stamped. Unfortunately these glasses cannot be used on a job site. Disappointed but there still very nice sunglasses otherwise.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will definitely add this to any future publication.